MECHANIC JOB DESCRIPTION
Fettle is a rapidly expanding bike repair and service company that is dedicated to promoting sustainable transportation and making cycling more accessible for everyone. We are passionate about providing the highest-quality repair and maintenance services for bicycles of all types, and we believe that our success depends on working collaboratively, continuously learning, and always putting our customers first.
At Fettle, we are committed to creating a culture of teamwork, innovation, and excellence that inspires our employees to achieve their full potential and to deliver outstanding service to our customers. We value integrity, professionalism, and a strong work ethic, and we believe that every member of our team has an important role to play in helping us achieve our goals.
Cyclists using the fettle service will have access to:
- Super-Convenient, Central Locations: As our network of locations grows we will provide full city coverage.
- Handy Collection Service: We believe customers want convenience and if that means we need to collect and drop off the bike, we will.
- Smooth, Simple Technology: As well as being into our bikes we are also tech geeks and believe we have the right knowledge to build an awesome platform which is easy for cyclists to use and helps mechanics work smartly and efficiently
- Quality Services: Not only are our mechanics the best in-class, we are a friendly company who is obsessed with giving our customers unbeatable services using great new technology
About The Role
As a Fettle mechanic, you will play a critical role in ensuring that our customers receive the best possible service, and that our workshops are efficient, well-managed, and always up to standards. You will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing a wide range of bicycle problems, recommending and selling appropriate parts and accessories, and maintaining accurate records of all repairs and transactions.
- Perform high-quality repairs and maintenance services for bicycles of all types
- Provide exceptional customer service and build strong relationships with customers
- Accurately diagnose problems and recommend appropriate repairs and parts
- Keep accurate records of all repairs and transactions
- Ensure that the workshop is clean, well-organized, and well-maintained
- Continuously improve your skills and knowledge through ongoing training and development
- Collaborate with other team members to deliver outstanding service and achieve business goals
- At least 2 years experience working as a Mechanic
- A passion for cycling
- Comfortable with customer interaction in person, over the phone and via email..
- Experience handling, ordering & selling stock
- Comfortable using technology in the workshop on a daily basis
- A problem solving mindset with a resilient & determined nature
- A can-do attitude for working in different seasons & environments
- Eligibility to work in the UK
We would love it if you have…
- Cytech or equivalent qualifications
- Experience riding a cargo bike
- Experience navigating multiple B2B’s to find the right part for the right bike.
As a fettler, you’ll get:
- Training opportunities in bike repair and new bike technology, so that you can keep up to speed with exciting developments in the bike world.
- Trade prices on bike parts and accessories from the day you start, to keep your own bike going for a better price.
- 28 days annual leave per year, and an extra day off for your birthday and an extra 3 days leave around Christmas.
- Opportunity to expand within our fast growing network of repair shops
- Monthly team activities.
- Lunch for the team is on us every fortnight.
£21,000 to £24,000 depending on experience
We have created an interview process that is quick and easy, helping us to get to know you and vice versa. Once you’ve applied, you can expect us to arrange a quick phone call with you if we feel you have the right profile. Next, we will ask you to come into one of our workshops to meet the team and show us what you can do! If all goes well, you can expect an offer very shortly after.
If the role and company we’ve described in this advert sounds like a bit of you, then we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please email with your CV and a cover letter that answers these 3 questions:
- What makes you the right person for this opportunity?
- What is the most challenging repair you have carried out and why was it challenging?
Given a blank canvas, what changes would you like to make to the bicycle repair industry?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.